Cardston Temple November 22 2014

Cardston Temple November 22 2014

Sunday 15 February 2015

Week 6 Springville

This week has been a very up and down week. More ups than downs I am happy to say! So last Monday we decided that maybe it was a good idea to clean! (since the cleaning inspector came already and saw our messy apartment) So we spent all day cleaning and it was awesome! Not fun, but it was nice to have a clean apartment! We taught some people and had Family Home Evening (FHE) with a family with 9 kids! I felt so at home! It was a great quick FHE and we were able to talk about the Book of Mormon. They were all so well behaved and nice and I accredit it to their parents, but also because they all read scriptures daily. When we draw closer to our Savior and Heavenly Father, we only draw closer as families. So that night we come back to the apartment and see the Zone Leaders. Turns out we were doing exchanges for 24 hours! (I was not prepared) So I had the opportunity to spend Tuesday with an Elder Roberts from Wales. He is a great guy! I woke up with a head cold with a sore throat :/ Yay. We went to a physical therapist appointment and there was a fish tank there. It was so awesome! They had Nemo, Dorry, and Marlen!!! It was so awesome and funny to see! I tried to get a quick photo but they all swam away :P It was so cool though! We tried meeting with people and had a meeting with a person over missionary work here that went great! I am excited to see the changes in the Kolob Stake! we then ate dinner where we had tacos. They were awesome! We finished off the night teaching and this week there was multiple times that we had to run/bike across or on a highway. So ya quite interesting. The exchanges went great and I really enjoyed working with Elder Roberts. Wednesday was great! I still had my cold! actually I am still just getting over it! I love how many sick people we come in contact with! haha No it is all good. I am very done with this phone. I don't think one good thing has come from me holding the phone and using it, except for dinners! This week we had two people phone us and tell us they are pretty much mad at us for either handing them off to ward missionaries, or that they don't want to be baptized :P So ya I think I am going to give the phone to my companion from now on. Did I forget to mention I phoned someone up and I didn't even get out this is the missionaries by the time he hung up? Well it happened :P lol I'm all good things are going great I love to just say things. We have solved all problems and things are going great. We had two experiences on Wednesday where we learned that through Heavenly Father, we were in the right place at the right time. We met this family and we are helping them now get to the temple and it turns out they were praying for someone to help encourage them and help them out. That is when we went and knocked on their door. It was amazing! The dog owner of the dog we found a week or so back apparently saw us riding our bikes when she was wondering who else she could contact about her dog. That's when she decided to call us. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan and purpose and knows exactly what he's doing even if we don't. We should always put our trust in our Father in Heaven. On Friday we rode our bikes even more (I'm not complaining or nothing, but I do want to throw my bike off of the mountain we ride up all the time). We ride our bikes a lot and they really are faster than walking so it truly is a blessing that is hard to see. We had a recent convert and less active family who are now doing great teach us today about the Millennium out of Gospel Principles. It was a lot of fun and a very good lesson! This week, like every week here in Utah, we have people who tell us their false belief of the "Mormon Church". It is always so frustrating to hear the things they say, but I know that my Testimony is built upon a rock, and that rock is the rock of my Redeemer. I know that if we are not converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ daily, that is when we start to fall. I invite all to come unto Christ and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness. This is done through prayer, scriptures, and keeping all the commandments of Heavenly Father. I know this Church is true, and it is through the things we teach that we can return to our Father in Heaven. We are trying something me and my companion. To truly know if the scriptures can help you ask yourself a question you truly want answered. Search the scriptures and you will find the answer. I know this because I have found answers to questions all the time. So Sunday we fasted and went to 2 ward councils. one at 7:30 and one at 11:00. They were very good. The rest of the day we went to church, looked for people to teach, had meetings, and grew our testimony through doing these things. It was a good day. I know that it is by reading the Book of Mormon that we may know what we must do to live with our Father in Heaven as families again. Please read the Book of Mormon sincerely. Have a great week! Love ya all! Oh! and I am being transferred! Stay tuned for where I am going! I am super excited!
-Elder Noad
Some pictures of Elder Noad's appartment





Birthday Cake. Dad forgot to send the icing for the cake in a jar.





No comments:

Post a Comment