Cardston Temple November 22 2014

Cardston Temple November 22 2014

Sunday 21 June 2015

Week 10 Springville Kolob Stake

This has been a crazy week! We went on exchanges, we were put into a trio, and I am getting transferred! So we started out the week on Monday just playing some games and hanging out and doing some shopping. It was a good Pday. On Tuesday we made a lot of visits to people to try and set up appointments. It is very hard to catch some of the people home and sometimes we go a couple weeks without catching them just because they are so busy. We know they want to meet, but it is hard for them to make time for the Gospel and it holds a lot of them back. On the other hand, we have a lot of people here who are really starting to make progress. We have people giving up bad habits, some putting faith in the law of the fast, and some who are starting to come to church! It is amazing to see when you have people who are making progress and the changes you see in their life. They start to have a special light to them and it is such an amazing thing to see. I have been truly blessed to serve here in Springville and it has been such a great experience. I am sad to leave but I know this next area is where Heavenly Father wants me to be. This Wednesday we went on exchanges and it went well. I was able to teach some thing and help out a little bit. On Thursday we got up and started our studies and then all of the sudden got a text saying "y'all coming to Zone Training Meeting?" We totally thought it was on Friday like always, but this time it was on the Thursday. So we quickly got ready and ran and picked up the other Elders and drove to Spanish Fork for our Zone training meeting. It was crazy, but a very good ZTM. On Friday, we got put into a trio! So we went and had to get together and plan everything out to match each others days 5 days before transfers. So that was crazy hectic. We then had lessons on Saturday fall through and Elder Russell went to a baptism and I stayed with Elder Shields and covered the 4 stakes we were now covering. 29 Wards. It was pretty insane trying to balance two dinners with 3 companions and all but we managed. We then had a baptism that night and it went so good! It was great to see a baptism happen and to have someone come closer to their Savior. On Sunday we had the Kolob stake fast for missionary work. What a power fasting brings and I know that this was a very memorable fast and that we will see the blessings from this fast. I'm so blessed to have been in this area with such diligent stakes. It was a great Sunday and really was perfect for a refreshing of the mind and seeing the progress people were making. It has been a great, but crazy week. And yes, I am being transferred after 6 months in Springville. I am deffinatly sad to leave here and the people I met, but I know the Lord has a reason for everything. I am so blessed to be on a mission and I know the power of fasting. I know that lives have been and are being changed for the sacrifice that we make when we fast. I know that fasting brings promised blessings. Well I got to go but I love you all! Have a great week and I will update you next week on the new area and companion! 
-Elder Noad

No comments:

Post a Comment