Cardston Temple November 22 2014

Cardston Temple November 22 2014

Sunday 21 June 2015

Week 8 Springville Kolob Stake

This week has been a pretty great week! On Monday I played a lot of tennis with Elder Shields. We spent about 5 hours playing it. It was pretty great! We then went and ate dinner with a Less Active family and that was great. We helped them move in a while back and we are now teaching them and helping them out. It was a great dinner. On Tuesday we had a Zone Conference. It was very good! I love Zone Conferences. I always feel the spirit so strongly and always receive ideas in ways that I can further help the Lord in his work. It was such a wonderful opportunity to talk about how baptism is not the goal, it is Temples. As well as being a consecrated missionary. Also talked about working in unity. I learned a lot and I am working on applying many of these things in the work and my life. We also got a new system for our vehicle called a Tiwi. So this system basically rates my driving and gives a report and if I'm good enough I keep driving, if I'm not I lose vehicle privileges. So this Tiwi (which we call Steve because it sounds like Steven Hawking when it talks to us) takes info from if we drive over the speed limit, stop or start to fast, hit bumps to hard, or don't have our seat belt on. In the meeting they made it sound like it was going to be awful to drive with, but if your a good driver you barely even notice it there. It is pretty good though because it keeps missionaries accountable to taking care of a vehicle which is not theirs. So all in all, we got a Tiwi. So the rest of the week we had some lessons and helped some people out. We are helping this one guy named Todd and we helped him out with fixing up his bathroom so he can get it ready to rent it out. He is a good guy, sometimes he just gets overwhelmed and thinks he has to do things that really can be saved for a later time. So we are helping him with the things that are needed done soon. We are still doing good in our area and are having half our people committed to changing and half not so much. We are going to be working on that as well as working on building more unity with the wards. That is one thing that is easy, but also difficult in Utah. We have lots of members to help, but we cover 15 different wards and can't really get to know many people. I love it here in Springville and it is always awesome to see the progress it makes. This week has been a great week and quite fun. Elder Russell and I are really getting to know each other more and it is good. He is a great companion and we work well together. Well it has been a great week and I am going to be doing some sports today. Oh I almost forgot! I had to say a talk yesterday! So we found Friday that we would be giving a talk so I spent a long while preparing, and then we said it. Most times during the holidays the church is not very filled, well in the Kolob 10th ward it gets more packed on holidays! So that was fun. I will send a copy of my talk out to some of you. Ask my Mom and Dad if you would like to have a copy. Well thanks for the emails! Love you all and I am so blessed to have this opportunity to learn and grow and help others find Christ! Have a great week!
-Elder Noad

No comments:

Post a Comment