Cardston Temple November 22 2014

Cardston Temple November 22 2014

Sunday 22 March 2015

Springville Trio week 3


Sunset
Elders

Springville ?

Hey Dad! so I failed to mention this to Mom but apparently we are getting new ipads and that we have to pay for them :P So that is happening this upcoming month in March. I am truly blessed to be here on this mission and things are going great! I have learned I need to study the Christlike attributes and apply them in my life. I invite you to go over them with the family for a family home evening or something. Thanks Dad for all you do! It was your words that helped me to get back on the path and I thank you. Dad, remember you have a perfect example of a Father. Our Father in Heaven. As you teach and build the family up in the Gospel and follow the example of Heavenly Father, the family will be blessed. In preach my Gospel there's a box that says something like families are strengthened and grow as they are taught the gospel in a Christlike home. Dad you are a great Father and you have done so much for me and have truly helped me to be on this mission. Thanks for all you do Dad and keep helping the family grow in the gospel in the home. Let the home be a place of Love and filled with the teachings of Christ. Thanks for the update and I love you tons Dad! you have taught me so much and I thank you. Have a great week.

This past week has been fantastic! I would like to start with an experience I was able to have this past week that helped me to build my strength and Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. This last week we taught a Less Active who has been struggling with some addictions in his life. As we went through planning we felt inspired to teach about fasting. The Holy Ghost further revealed that we should Fast this past Sunday and do it with him and be there right along side him. We followed that prompting and with that taught him the strength and blessings that comes from fasting. We could see that he was experiencing a change of heart. As we invited him to Fast with us this previous Sunday you could see the Love he felt to have missionaries, as well as the Lord, right there with him to help keep him steady on his path. He was so excited about Fasting this Sunday and receiving those blessings that when we left him that night, he read and pondered the Book of Mormon and truly searched the Scriptures and asked questions to know more. When we started our fast with him he again turned to the scriptures and read and pondered and prayed. He said he had a moment of temptation and immediately turned to the scriptures and after 10 minutes in the Book of Mormon the temptation had left him and he was filled with the Spirit. I know that our fast with him and his Faith and desire to apply the atonement in his life truly has blessed him and he has gained a new sense of hope. What a blessing to see his spiritual strength grow and his Faith grow because of the Fasting. I know that fasting truly does bless us. I know Christ is there for all of us and all we need is to have faith and allow the atonement to work in our lives. As we show faith in doing the things we are asked to do, such as reading ours scriptures, praying, going to church, etc. we truly draw closer to our Father and Savior. I know that through Repentance and Faith we can build our testimonies in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I leave that invitation to all, to have that Faith and use the atonement in your lives through repentance. As you do that your testimony will grow in the Savior and you will know the blessings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in your lives. I know the Lord is my light. I know that it is through him that I may again live with my Father in Heaven. I know that it is the Gospel of Jesus Christ that shows us the way back to our Heavenly Father. I know we are here to again return and live with our Father in Heaven again. Read the Book of Mormon, the truth found inside will lead you to Eternal Life. I know all of this to be true. I know that my Redeemer lives. 
This past week has been full of lessons that have kept me busy, but has truly progressed the work of Salvation. I am so blessed to be serving in this mission. I have been able to see many lives change and many hearts turn to our Savior Jesus Christ. I am truly honored to be the Lords servant in his work. On Monday I had to purchase a heated blanket and water purifier! The heated blanket for my nonexistent insulated cot, and the water purifier for the hard water that is here in Utah. Both have really been awesome this past week and I'm sleeping awesome now! Except that I have to wake up every 3 hours to turn on my Auto-off heated blanket :P Oh well I'm not complaining! haha We then went to the the church and played some basketball. We shot full court shots for like half an hour and I got so close multiple times! It was very fun at the time until I woke up the next day and couldn't lift my arm haha. It's ok! my arm is back to good! On Wednesday we had a District Training Meeting that went very well and finished it off with lunch at Maglebys! We have had a lot of talk in our lessons lately about the "Isaiah Chapters". We actually had one lady read verses to us and asked us to tell her what it meant! It was difficult at times but we were lucky we had the Holy Ghost with us! This past week we have been trying twice as hard to help people realize that we are there to help them on their path. We are here to help bring people unto Christ and that is done through truly walking alongside them. On Friday we started out the day with helping a guy clear out the back of his truck. He wasn't there, but he did tell us to take a big heavy cement bag to the garbage. So I picked that ripping bag up, (quite easily actually) and skedaddled on over to the garbage bin before the bag ripped. As I got there, I tried lifting and throwing at the same time to get it in (remember I am small and those garbage bins are head height). Clearly my arms just refused to do any work and I basically slammed this bag of hard cement into the side of this garbage bin with all my weight into it. Needless to say, I had cement all over my suit pants as the bag ripped and exploded everywhere. I am not sure how that happened, I knew I was strong enough to lift it in, clearly my brain didn't send the right message. (It's so much funnier if you imagine what it looked like, I basically ran right into the Garbage bin) ya not one of my finest moments. Yesterday I had the opportunity to remember that I had to give a 10 minute talk to an assisted living home! So I pulled out Elder Bednar's "The Tender Mercies of the Lord" and took parts of his talk. The first Sacrament meeting we went to was great! we had a Stake President talk about Adam and Eve and marriage and how sacred and holy it is. He also tied in with that how we all play a significant role and we all have a responsibility to fulfill those significant roles to bless and strengthen families as a whole. Marriage is essential to Heavenly Fathers plan. I then went to the Assisted Living Home and passed the sacrament and gave a 5 minute lesson. It is hard to know what to speak on as all the people there have different mental capacities, but I knew I blessed the lives of the people. I love Sunday because of church and the things I learn and feel at Church. This last week has been awesome. Thank you all for the support you give me! Keep drawing closer to our Savior and you will be blessed. Love your all! have a great week and know Jesus loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment