Cardston Temple November 22 2014

Cardston Temple November 22 2014

Tuesday 7 April 2015

Week 1 Springville Kolob and Hobble Creek West Stake

Hey Dad! So I am in the same Area that I started last transfer in. We got split up as a trio again so I am now back with Elder Howard. This is his last transfer so we are doing all we can before he goes. From that I am guessing that I will be here at least another two transfers. We are seeing some great work ahead of us! It's amazing! Sound like the sports are still going great and that is great Nate got to speak and that he did a great job! So I still haven't missed a day in my journal! Hopefully I am writing enough. That is great you are going to a Flames game! Let me know how it goes! Thanks for all the updates Dad! My old companion has been frustrated with us and he won't let it go that we left dishes in the sink after he had done no cleaning, so they are holding a grudge against us and doing all they can to not help us, but oh well I am trying to be like Christ and allowed them to come with us to Spanish Fork. I hope they start to have a change of heart. I am so very thankful for all that I am learning on my mission. I am so thankful for all you do Dad! I had the chance to do some service this week! So that was fun! I have to start working out more, I am still in good shape, but I got to build some strength. You're the best Dad! I love you tons and care about all that you do and have done for me! Thanks Dad! I love you tons! Have a fantastic week!

So turns out I am not in a trio anymore. On Monday they send out a transfer list of people being transferred. So we looked at it and didn't see any of our names on it, so automatically we thought ok, I guess we are staying in a trio. Later last Monday we received a phone call from President, telling us that me and Elder Howard will be covering the Kolob and Hobble Creek West stakes again and that Elder Allen and his new companion (Elder Shields) would cover the Springville stake. So we got this news after PDay, so me and Elder Howard had to speed pack and get everything figured out while we still did our missionary work. All in all it is all figured out and we are excited for the Area we are covering. At this moment we have 5 people on date for baptism and we are hopefully going to put two more on this week. The Lord has truly been blessing us as we have received so much help and support in the work from our Wards and Ward Mission Leaders. Never underestimate your influence as a Member, the one family we have is so pleased with the friendships they've built and are so excited about the principles they are learning. They are Especially touched by the Plan of Salvation. They have had so many experiences in their life that have brought them to think of the life after this one. When they read of the Plan of Salvation they knew they had found their answer and the truth. They know and have great comfort brought to them as they think about how death is not the end and that it truly is a beginning. I am so blessed for the people who have stepped up and truly been there for this family, as well as for the Lord who has blessed us immensely. I am so thankful for my Heavenly Father and for my Savior and Redeemer. I know that my Redeemer lives and that he truly has saved me and all who show their willingness to partake of the atonement and to come unto him. I know that as we come unto him we find the joy and peace we long for. I know that blessings come both in this life and the life to come. As we do the things we know we need to, and even those things we show our faith in, I know that the Savior will be there for us. It might get hard, no one said Satan would give up on you, but with the help of the Savior and the Armour of God, we can all defeat Satan and strike the Serpent from our lives. It is done through obedience to his commandments. I know how important it is to keep the commandments. I know sometimes it's not easy to do, but I also know that Heavenly Father has a plan, and he's given us the game plan of keeping he commandments. Sure sometimes we may not score the goal, but we sure do have the upper hand. As we keep to the plan we can be sure to win the game. I know that Heavenly Father wants us all to win, but he gave us Agency as well so we could choose for ourselves if we wanted 1st or last place. There is no in between. We have the control to win! We are a chosen people who as we keep the commandments have been promised the win. It is such a blessing to me to have that knowledge that I chose to come here and to experience life and the many joys and sorrows that come with it. I know that this life is my time and everyone's time to prepare to meet God. Let us all stand steadfast and immovable in keeping the commandments of the Lord. God will always keep his side of the promise we make. 

So this week needless to say was a pretty good week. We have had many successes, but also we've had our rough times. We had the chance to invite some people to church who we received commitments from, but bailed on the day of. It was sad to see that they were not able to keep to their commitment and put their Father in Heaven first, but they can always repent and come the next week. This next week that is a focus of mine, to get as many people as possible to church. We should always desire to show our appreciation to our Savior, Jesus Christ, by partaking of the Sacrament. I love Sunday's, they are always so spiritually uplifting and such a wonderful day to renew those covenants made at baptism. 

This week we had a lot of fun. We have grown to love many of the people we work with and have seen some changes in the lives of many of the people we are working with. The Wards truly our an amazing help. They have done so much for us missionaries and these people truly feel loved by their wards. We had a funny thing happen this week. As we drove up to this apartment complex, we saw two ladies outside who were smoking. They started looking at our car wondering who it was. You could tell they knew who it was when they instantly started running to their apartments wanting nothing to do with the Gospel. It was kind of funny to see how fast they reacted and took off for their apartments. It was a good way to keep them from smoking I must say. It was an amazing week and we had a lot of fun and a lot of spiritual moments. I'm thankful for all he support we as missionaries get and the people we work with get. I'm thankful to all you who have been so supportive. Keep up all you do and keep finding way that you can bring someone to the restored Gospel of our Heavenly Father. Love you all! Have a fantastic week!

-Elder Noad


No comments:

Post a Comment